As usual my layout tend to go in a slightly different direction then when I start them. I was planning on the blocking of the background, but I wanted to use lacing on this without actually lacing all the blocks together (that would just have taken WAY too much time). So I got the idea to make the background look like a quilt that was in need of a little repair and that had been haphazardly reconnected in places. The rest of the layout took on a life of its own after that. I used Basic Grey Marrakech and lots of Distress ink for this layout. The alpha stickers are Thickers as is the jouranling spot.