Thursday, July 30, 2009

I had a lot of photos of Bruno that I wanted to scrap, but I didn't want to do a ton of layouts that were similar so I got the idea to make a mini album on a layout. I chose six of my favorite photos of the two of us for the layout. I used my absolute favorite for the cover and then I created a mini album with the rest. To make the mini album I cut card stock to mat all the photos. I left an extra half an inch on the side of the mat to bind the mini album. I used the Martha Stewart Bone Folder to score along the spine so the mini album would open easily. Then I covered the spine in ribbon and used 4 brads to hold the mini album together. All in all I am happy with the effect.

The scalloped border on this layout was stitched using a Bazzill Stitching border template. I did my best to make a square and line up the template so that it met end to end. Then I poked the holes and stitched using blue thread so the color would stand out. It took awhile but it was very worth it. The "stitching" between the squares of the quilt are actually drawn on with black pen. Next time I do that I will draw them on before I adhere everything else over the squares. It made it a little tricky.

I cut the large flourish using my Bosskut Gazelle. Then I added dots of stickles all over it to make is glimmer.

All the supplies for this layout (except the flourish, brads, and stickles) were from the July Mosh Posh kit.
Posted by Picasa

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This is a photo of my husband and during the first dance at our wedding. I got the title from the title of the song we danced to. We danced to "Rose of my Heart" by Johnny Cash. This has always been a special song for us so I wanted this page to be very special.

This layout was done for 2 different challenges on . The first was a scraplift challenge. You have to scraplift a layout from the person who signs up in front of you. I drew the inspiration for this layout from 2 layouts by Just4myboys. The originals can be seen here and here. The originals were so beautiful that I really wanted to do them justice. I really though hard about what papers to use and what embellishments. I actually bought the roses just for this LO.

The second challenge was the weekly ABC challenge. This week's letters are NOP. N = Noun. There had to be a noun in the title. O = Opposite. The main colors had to be opposite colors on the color wheel. P = Punch. We had to use a punch somewhere on the layout. I had already planned to colors and the title of this when I saw the letters for this week. It just worked out that I was able to use the Fiskars effervesence border punch on one of the strips of paper.

Our wedding colors were bright blue, brown and bright orange. The colors of the Basic Grey Ambrosia line and the Marrakech line were the perfect shades to go with the colors of our wedding.

To cut out the flourishes and the title I used my Bosskut Gazelle. The chipboard flower in the corner are from the Basic Grey Marrakech line. The glazed brads are from the Basic Grey Ambrosia line. The roses are Prima. It is hard to tell in the photo,but I used Crystal Stickles on he tips of the flower petals and to accent the design of the orange and grey paper.
Posted by Picasa