Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Paper Tearing

This week at Frosted Design the challenge is paper tearing.  This is one of my favorite techniques.  It is so versatile and can be used on so many different styles of projects.  Usually I use paper tearing on my more distressed projects, but there is plenty of room for it on brighter and cuter projects as well.  I made two projects this week.  The first is another layout for my grandmother's gift album for Halloween.  This is a photo of her with her sister.  I believe it was taken at my dad's cousin's wedding reception, but I am not 100% sure. 

This layout I wanted a more vintage look so I went pretty heavy on the distressing.  I also used a lot of rub-ons on this layout.  They are layered almost everywhere!  Most of the items on this layout were from the October Mosh Posh kit.  A technique that I tried on this layout and I am really happy with is instead of only inking the background I took black diamond Stickles and put it on the layout in various places and then I rubbed it in with a paper towel.  It gives it a gritty, but sparkly effect.

My second project was to make place cards for my nieces and nephews for Thanksgiving. My nieces and nephews absolutely love when I make things for them.  They get so excited to have things with their own names on them.
 
I got the papers and the chipboard pumpkins from the November Mosh Posh kit.  I stamped and hand cut out the leaves and acorns for the cluster at the top.   

No comments:

Post a Comment