Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Same Shape in Varying Sizes.

Phew it has been awhile since I blogged.  It has been kind of a crazy couple of weeks and I just didn't have the time or the motivation to do much crafting.  Things thankfully are starting to settle down and I am and getting back into the groove.

This week at Frosted Designs we had a really fun challenge.  You are supposed to use the same shape in varying sizes on a layout, card or other project.  I decided to use to make a layout and I used a scalloped circle in three sizes as the background of my layout.

I used my Bosskut Gazelle to cut the circles.  I just made a circle and then used the scissor edge tool in funtime to add the scallops.  I started with the largest circle first and after each cut I made it a little smaller.  For the papers I used a lot of Basic Grey.  The background paper, the orange circle and all the paper matting the photo are Basic Grey papers.  The brown paper is just cardstock that I inked with white and bronze inks and then added some bling .  For the title I used two different types of Thickers.  The word wedding was originally white.  I used turquoise and tattered leather Glimmer Mist to add some color to it.  Finally the butterflies are Tim Holtz Grungeboard from the Nature collection.  I inked them with broken china distress ink and then I embossed them with pewter Zing Metallic embossing powder and then added some bling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment