Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The end of the Hanukkah Album

My grandmother's Hanukkah album is finally finished and in her hands.  I gave it to about a week ago and she loved it.  Her eyes got misty when she saw it.  It was completely worth all the effort it took to make it.  I told her that since I didn't have many photos that she could give me as many more as she wanted and I would be happy to scrap them for her and add them to her album.  I even left some space in the album for more layouts.  Anyway here are the final 2 layouts that I did.


This one is a photo of my great grand parents at one of their anniversaries.  It must have been a special one since there was the beautiful cake.  My granmother, all her siblings, and their spouses are in the photo as well.  I used the Basic Grey Porcelain line for this layout.  I have been saving this paper for something special for awhile now.  It is so soft and pretty I thought it would be perfect for an anniversary layout. 



This second layout is a photo of my grandmother's family when she was about 2 or 3 years old.  I used the September Scarlet Lime kit for this page.  I had been saving the beautiful rose, stamped tag, and different lace and ribbons for this layout.  I really wanted to create a very layered effect.  I am not sure I pulled it off 100% though.  I still feel something is missing from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment