Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Using Fabric



This layout was for another Frosted Design challenge. It is our week three challenge. We were supposed to use fabric somewhere on a layout, card or other project. Since I didn't have any spare fabric laying around the house I headed out to Hobby Lobby to scope out their fabric remnants. I found this fabric and I knew it was perfect to go with some patterned paper that I bought for my wedding album. I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to use it yet, but I knew that was the fabric.

I finally decided to try to attach the fabric to a Tim Holtz Grunge Board flourish. I had just bough some Mod Podge and figured I would give it a whirl. First I painted the flourish white since the fabric is a little sheer. I just laid the fabric over the flourish and applied a layer of Mod Podge. Next time I would probably adhere the fabric in some way before putting on a layer of Mod Podge, but it still turned out ok. After the first layer dried I trimmed off some of the excess fabric and then added another coat of Mod Podge. Once that was dry used my craft knife to cut all the excess fabric from the edges. It was kind of a time consuming process, but in the end I think it was very worth it. I am definitely going to be using the technique again.

3 comments:

  1. Cassie, this is awesome! I love how you used the fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, love the way used the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog through Frosted Designs. I LOVE your style. I am currently working on my wedding album, so I am loving this layout! I may be stopping by alot for great inspiration!
    BTW, I LOVE the way you worked the fabric!
    Hugs,
    Hollie@ Momiji's Madness

    ReplyDelete