Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Embossing

This week at Frosted Designs the challenge is to use embossing on your project.  It can be either heat or dry embossing it is your choice.  Check out their site to see all the great projects from the rest of the design team.  I chose to use heat embossing this week.  I have been really loving the Zing metallic embossing powders lately.  They add such a nice texture and touch to your projects.  I used the copper color for this layout.  It is a photo of my husband and our dog.  I love the photo and those two so much. 
 
I used Basic Grey Marrakech papers, Broken China Distress Ink, a Making Memories journaling block, Tim Holtz stamps, Thickers, Graphite Glimmer Mist, Turquoise Glimmer Mist, and Broken China Distress Stickles for this layout.  The layout came together pretty quickly.  I love the look of negative space layouts, but I seem to rarely do them.  I really wanted to keep this one simple, but pretty and really show off the photo.

1 comment:

  1. I like the white space you left on this... I agree... I have a hard time doing these kind of LOs but I love them when they are done! Fabulous colors on this LO!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete